Riggs Vol 1
Note that these additions also apply to the generation 4 census supplement, in general
Oct. 2006: p. 439, paragraph 1 of sketch 206: Change Elizabeth M. O'Neill's maiden surname to "Dandley." I could not change the page positions in the manuscript at this late date. I was able to enter the surname in the sketch and in the index under O'Neill but could not insert a footnote justifying it, nor insert an index item under Elizabeth's maiden name.
6 Jan 2007: p. 393, sketch 160, James Samuel Sitton: "married" should be "married (1)".
23 Jan 2008: p. 268, paragraph 3 (in parentheses), last sentence: Change to "She is not related.".
14 Aug 2009: p. 536, child 1075, Iola Boren: Add "She married Thomas William Lumsden Jr., born 31 Jan. 1910, Virginia, son of Thomas William and Lillian/Lella (Layden) Lumsden, died 18 Mar. 1984, San Diego, Calif., last residence Bullhead City, Mohave Co., Ariz., and had one child: (1) Thomas William6 Lumsden III, born 28 May 1944, Los Angeles Co., Calif., married (1) 22 Oct. 1966, Los Angeles, Los Angeles Co., Lynne D. Heacock, born about 1947, divorced June 1972, Los Angeles Co., and had one child: (i) Timothy William7 [Lumsden] Heacock, born 8 Sept. 1970. Thomas William6 Lumsden married (2) 25 Jan. 1975, Forest Park, Ga., Deanna Kay Bordeaux, born 28 Aug. 1950, Baltimore, Md., daughter of Joseph Wilson and Esther (Pait) Bordeaux, and had one child: (ii) Kyle Garrett7 Lumsden, born 16 Mar. 1982, Auburn, Wash. Thomas William Lumsden Jr. married (2) 23 Feb. 1972, Las Vegas, Clark Co., Nev., Elizabeth P. Wetsel."
15 Sep 2009: p. 536, child 1075, Iola Boren: In the addition of 14 Aug 2009 change "She married Thomas William Lumsden Jr." to "She married 21 Jan. 1939, Lordsburg, Hidalgo Co., N.M., Thomas William Lumsden Jr."
14 Dec 2009: p. 232, child 234, Rebecca Urella Webb: change "about 1850" to "about 1850, Ohio," and change "probably married -- Ellis" to "married Peter A. Ellis, born about 1833, Kentucky, and had at least five children." Also add this paragraph: "In 1880 Peter A. Ellis, 47, a farmer born in Kentucky, resided in Luce Twp., Spencer Co., Ind., with his wife "Urilla," 30, born in Ohio of a father born in Ohio, and with his sons, Anthony, 22, Enoch, 19, Peter A., 9, (probably) daughter, Minta U. ["son" appears to be partially erased and "M" appears to be overwritten "F" for sex], 2, and son "Wm" F., 2/12, born in Mar., all five born in Indiana, and with "rel[ative]"s, Mary Webb, 17, and Andrew Webb, 19, both born in Indiana of a father born in Ohio and a mother in Kentucky." Also change "A." in child 237, Major A. L. Webb, to "Andrew."
19 Jul 2013: p. 307, child 366, Eugene Ebersole married Susanna L. Ammerman.
I place a space after each slash in a url here for nice spacing. Omit the spaces, of course, to use a url.
1. Gravestone photograph, by Larry and Linda Kopet, Evergreen Cem., Crawford Co., Wis., <www.rootsweb.com/ ~usgenweb/ wi/ cemetery/ images/ crawford/ evergreen/ evergreen3089.jpg>, "Jesse Dandley | Died | July 20, 1844: | Aged 50 Years. | Mary | Wife of Jesse Dandley | Died | Feb. 12, 1851: | Aged 51 Years. | Emily A. | Daughter of J. & M. Dandley | Died Sept. 20, 1839: | Aged 17 Years"; Evergreen Cemetery, Prairie du Chien; Crawford County, WI, <ftp.rootsweb.com/ pub/ usgenweb/ wi/ crawford/ cemeteries/ evergreenpdc.txt>, "Dandley, Jessie [sic] died July 20, 1844, age 50 years | Mary died Feb;12 [sic], 1851, age 51 years; wife of Jessie [sic] | Emily B. [sic] died Sep;20 [sic], 1839, age 17 years, dau. of Jessie & Mary"; gravestone photograph, by Larry and Linda Kopet, Evergreen Cem., <www.rootsweb.com/ ~usgenweb/ wi/ cemetery/ images/ crawford/ evergreen/ oneillelizabet.jpg>, "Elizabeth M. | Wife of | Alexander O Neill | Died | Apr. 19, 1868: | Aged | Aged 51 Years"; U.S. census, 1850, Burlington, Des Moines Co., Iowa, r. 183, p. 503, dw. 1723, fam. 1823, lists Alexander "ONeal," 42, lumberman, born N.Y., Elizabeth, 32, born Pa., with three children including, Augustus, 4, born Iowa, and Mary "Danbey," 50; U.S. census, 1860, Prairie du Chien, Crawford Co., Wis., r. 1402, p. 834, dw. 94, fam. 94, lists Elizabeth "O.Neil," 43, born Pa., with six children including Augustus, 14, born Iowa.
2. Email from Betty Wooten, 5 Jan 2007, "As a child growing up, Dad and Mom told me that James Samuel Sitton did marry a second time. Leora Sitton George said that she and her sister, Mayme, broke them up."
3. Email from Anne Webb Nelson, 22 Jan 2008, "She's [Cordelia Webb] the wife of William Henry Webb (1829-1894) not the one related to Statia . . . that William Henry Webb came to Grayson Co, TX c1878 from Newberry Co, SC where they had lived since the Civil War. Before that, they were in Muscogee and Harris Co, GA. DNA has been done and my Wm Henry of Grayson Co, TX and yours are not related."
4. California Death Index, 1940-1997, <Ancestry.com>, Thomas William Lumsden, SSN 526-01-7475, male, born 31 Jan. 1910, Va., died 18 Mar. 1984, San Diego, mother's maiden name Layden; SSDI, Thomas Lumsden, SSN 526-01-7475, born 31 Jan. 1910, died Mar. 1984, last residence and last benefit 86442 Bullhead City, Mohave Co., Ariz., issued Ariz. (before 1951); email from Deanna Lumsden, 14 Aug 2009, "Iola's mother-in-law was Lillian 'Lella' (Layden) Lumsden."
5. California Birth Index, 1905-1995, <Ancestry.com>, Thomas William Lumsden, 28 May 1944, male, mother's maiden name Boren, birth county Los Angeles.
6. California Marriage Index, 1960-1985, <Ancestry.com>, Thomas W. Lumsden, 22, to Lynne D. Heacock, 19, 22 Oct. 1966, Los Angeles City, registration no. 44438, state file no. 110829.
7. California Divorce Index, 1966-1984, <Ancestry.com>, Thomas W. Lumsden, born 1944, from Lynne D. Heacock, born 1947, June 1972, Los Angeles Co., case no. SW 39474, state file no. 65666.
8. Email from Deanna Lumsden, 29 July 2009, "My husband, Thomas W. Lumsden III, is descended from Bethuel and Nancy Riggs as follows: Nathaniel Riggs/Anna Reynolds; Coleman Bryant Boren/Nancy Jane Riggs; Coleman Bryant Boren/Sarah Mae Taylor; Thomas W. Lumsden Jr./Iola Boren (Tom's parents). We have a son, Kyle Garrett Lumsden," and 14 Aug 2009, "Tom is an only child--his birth certificate states that Thomas William Lumsden and Iola Boren ('maiden name of mother') are his parents."
9. Nevada Marriage Index, 1956-2005, <Ancestry.com>, Thomas W. Lumsden to Elizabeth P. Wetsel, both of California, 23 Feb. 1972, Las Vegas, Clark Co.; all other information in this paragraph from email from Deanna Lumsden, 14 Aug. 2009, re Lynne "Dee" Heacock and son Timothy, re herself, Deanna Kay Bordeaux, dates and parentage, re her son Kyle, and re Tom Jr.'s second marriage after Iola died.
10. Marriage certificate, Hidalgo Co., N.M., marriage record book 12:7375, Thomas W. Lumsden of Phoenix, Ariz., to Iola Boren of Phoenix, on 21 Jan. 1939, at Lordsburg, by Bryan Hall, MG., image of certificate courtesy of Deanna Lumsden.
11. Email from descendant Yvonne Ellis (who contributed the Webb Bible), 13 Dec. 2009. She adds that Peter was son of Elijah Ellis, and died in Spencer Co., Ind., but I have not verified this.
12. U.S. census, 1880, Luce Twp., Spencer Co., Ind., ED 50, r. 312, p. 170A, dw. 176, fam. 176.